cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Text Messages

Journeyman

Strange Text Messages

One of my plan phones (Apple iPhone 6) is getting text message similar to the one below...

//LL:1563:1433946897615:JWP:X:amF3ixJ937zxADOiR5lgzRaMUgo=:7736805430:QFDDYK8POLI8SVW9IKO9HSDX0CZY4BLZ

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Strange Text Messages

GarretW,

Thanks for the post. I have not seen that before. Is it coming from a number that you recognize? Like someone from your friends list? Or does it come from a short code number? If possible, can you provide me with the number that it is coming from? We'll start there.

Talk soon,

Heather
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

They're coming from the following numbers:

• 873-7
  • 901-6

We've received 8 messages since yesterday.

GarretW,

Perfect. Have you recently signed up for any shortcode services or 3rd party applications? Also, try to send the word "stop" back to each one of these numbers. This usually disables them from coming to your phone. If that doesn't work, we may have to go in and block these 2 numbers for you.

Talk soon,

Heather
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

We may have signed up for services before we changed over to the iPhone 6. We responded to both, and one responded with this message:

Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114.

We can give it a few days, and contact you if it continues. BTW thanks for using Jive, as I am Jive developer and partner @7Summits!

Highlighted

GarretW,

Oh wow, that's awesome. Yes, that also sounds perfect. Hopefully that'll fix it for you. If not, we can try to go in and block the numbers. I'll be around if it happens again.

Thanks for your patience,

Heather
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

It is from a third party app like GO SMS PRO or Visual Voicemail. uninstall and reinstall works most of the time.

Journeyman

That's weird because on my s7, I'm getting this:

//LL:1563:1475033014947:LXD:X:8fjzpEbYHZubJ+hU5lVftjJZNew=:8136389006:BE54YQAXVWXVC2FK3K5IT37579WW9RUK

Sprint Social Care

elizbohling@msn.com

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to take a look into this. Please check your inbox, I just sent you a private message.

To access to your private messages, click on your name or avatar. This will take you into your profile. Once in there you will see the private message notification. If you're posting from a phone/mobile device, once on this site and logged in, go into your browsers settings and change it to full site mode/desktop mode. Once the site changes, follow the steps above.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello - I am getting the same messages from 873-7 on my iPhone 7.  This forum is new to me so I'm not sure what's needed from me to stop these text messages. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sprint Social Care

Hello coff-er Thanks for reaching out.

Did you recently switched from an Android phone to an iPhone? Are you connected to an AIRAVE device? We await your response.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi,

I'm getting the same strange text messages. My husband recently had a replacement Android phone sent. They accidently sent 2 phones and ported my number to one of them. I had the rep yesterday port my number back to my iPhone 6s and have been receiving these text messages ever since. I've received at least 10 of them yesterday alone, along with several from 901-6 that says "//ANDROID:Message from ${from}. CFGs1840.0=103b8c6860d791371061DdSx9Ad1//CM". I also received a message from 909-9 that said "SprintFREEMsg You added different phone than what's leased on line [my phone number]. Lease terms remain until agreement is complete. Go to sprint.us/leasefaqs". I'm not sure what all these text messages are about. I tried calling support yesterday, but the lady couldn't figure it out and ended up sending me back into the automated system after 1 hour of trying to solve the problem. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat