cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise, surprise, another disappointed Sprint customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Surprise, surprise, another disappointed Sprint customer.

Dearest Sprint,

After our dealings over the past 2 weeks I find it humorous that on your website you advertise, “No one delivers more improved customer satisfaction.”

I have been a loyal customer for > 10 years. I have been eligible for an upgrade for quite some time and was holding out for the new iphone 6. I too was one of the many who crashed your website at 3am the day preorders started. Luckily later that morning I was able to finally preorder the phone that I have been patiently waiting for. You can imagine my disappointment when on the day I was expecting that gorgeous iphone to be delivered, instead I received a phone call squashing all of my excitement. No big deal you guys said, all we need is to go through the entire process you waited up all night for a week before. So sorry you guys said, our system crashed and we need all of your information again. Can I please have your credit card number, expiration date, and CVC code, again! So frustrating, but I trudged on with the hopes that there would be minimal delay in having that phone finally in my hands.

Have I received the phone yet? No. Why? My order never went through, again! Frustrated, I canceled my order and made my way to my local Sprint store. You tell me that my upgrade eligibility should be back within the hour. So, ~6 hours later I find out that my Sprint store has one Iphone 6 left! I'm excited, but there is a trend here and of course that excitement is quickly taken away. My upgrade eligibility was not restored and still has not been restored. I will say that the gentlemen I dealt with at the store were very kind and quickly called to try and restore this eligibility. However, they did not get far and were told that I would have to wait.  How long? No one could give them a straight answer. So head down, with tears in my eyes (not really) I walked out of the store still iphoneless.

This entire process has been so frustrating. I realize that probably one person from your end, if that, will read this and I feel bad for that person because there are plenty of dissatisfied customers out there because of these recent events. So in conclusion, Sprint, in the kindest way possible, please get it together. If not you are going to lose many, if not all, of your customers.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing happened to me. I cancelled my order because I didn't want the Plus anymore (too big), they told me they would reset my eligibility. I went into the store and they said I am no eligible. I had to call them, 4 hours on the phone and guess what? I am still not eligible for an upgrade. Call them again today (3 phone calls later) and they said within the hour it should be reset. Yeah right... I won't hold my breath. I too have been a customer for > 10 years. The customer service sucks!

Highlighted
Master

NK25,

I apologize for the inconvenience, this is not the impression we want you to have of us. Give me the opportunity to resolve this and improve your experience with Sprint. I'd like to take a closer look into this for you. Please visit: http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq for instructions.

Sincerely,

- Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

TJANTHONY1022,

I apologize that you've experienced that. Has it been resolved? Were you able to check online? If you're still having the same issue; Please visit http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq so that I can further look into your account. Thank you.

Menia
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a Verizon Customer for >10 years. I have just realize how awesome the customer service and phone service was. I have been a Sprint Customer for less than a week. I would never speak like this in a Sprint forum as it seems unprofessional but the my technical support experience was absolutely horrible. I understand the chat support and this blog is geared more towards customer service and not technical support but, frankly, I don't know who to turn too. I live on Hillcrest Ave, Yonkers, NY 10705 near NYC. According to Sprint's coverage map I should have EXCELLENT 4G LTE coverage all over Yonkers. Truth, I get 2 bars on a good day so far outside in my front lawn. It gets worse. I barely have a 3G connection inside my house. My phone's signal throughout my house ranges from 1 bar on 1x or 3G. The call quality is horrible. It gets worse, I chatted with a sprint representative and he forwarded me to Tech Support regarding the Airave unit. I called Tech Support around 8:00 PM to be put on a combined hold of 1 hour and gone through reset processes and service updates to be told I was not eligible. After arguing with the guy he suggested I purchase it. May its me but that is absolutely ridiculous that I would have to pay more to obtain the absolute basic function of phone (making/receiving phone calls) let alone a decent 4G coverage. After arguing with the guy he said that I can speak with his supervisor. I was on hold for 30 mins and then the call was cut (i was on a landline). I didn't call back because I would have to go to the same process.

Let me remind you according to Sprint coverage map I should be getting EXCELLENT 4G LTE service and I am sitting in my living room with 1 bar of 3g/1x. I was also told by a Sprint Rep that Sprint had upgraded all but one tower in Yonkers which means this is the best its going to get. I understand I am not eligible for that device because I have only been with sprint for a week but it's absolutely frustrating and extremely unfair that I can't use my phone for its basic and original purpose, to make/receive a phone call in one of the most populated areas in NY. I was happy with Verizon. I had full 4G LTE in the basement of my house. I understand Sprint is working to expand and I expected to come a step down in service but at this point I have fell flat on my face. I am stuck with this lease program. I can't cancel because I have Early termination fees with Verizon that Sprint said it will cover. If a supervisor can't solve this basic problem then who can? WHO DO I CALL?!? PLEASE HELP!!

Highlighted
Master

Iqbal.A
Hello, I do apologize to hear about the coverage issues you have been experiencing I know how irritating that can be. Does this only happen when you're home? What device are you using? The area of Hillcrest Ave Yonkers, NY 10705 has been fully upgraded to 4G LTE-the last upgrade that was completed was 4G 2500 MHzg on 09/19/14. We are just making a few more adjustments to it. Also, the closet tower near you has been reported to our network team I can see that it has not been reporting as expected.

Can you attempt to update the Profile then reboot your device please? What is the network mode set to?

Ash
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat