cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I've learned from this stupid preorder

Highlighted
Journeyman

Things I've learned from this stupid preorder

After the disaster of my preorder for my phone, which I was the first person to order in the store on preorder day, I've learned the following about dealing with sprint.

1) Don't ever preorder your phone, there is no advantage to doing this

2) The best way to get your phone is to show up 3 days after the release and just walk in and ask , and make sure you say you didn't have a preorder

3) Whatever the most unattractive color / size combination is, order that, because sprint isn't capable of having enough inventory for releases

4) Don't order your phone in the store because they won't be able to provide you a tracking number and will just tell you 1-5 weeks for delivery

5) Make sure you have ample time to call customer service / go in the store because you won't get a straight answer on anything

6) Get ready to hear, " we are making sure that you get your device as soon as possible" about 1,000,000 times

7) That when it comes down to answers, the store, nor customer support really don't have answers to anything and just provide people with pre written responses out a manual or company email that was sent last week.

😎 my personal favorite,  Make sure this is 100% what you want, because once you preorder it, regardless of ship time, you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get something, even if they said it would be available on the release day and watch other people walk into the store next to you and pick up their phone.

The absolute worst retail experience that I've ever had. Everything is just a tactic to keep you from leaving sprint and handcuffing you if you try.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well said!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This entire experience has been an absolute disaster. From the moment the stupid presale started (for which I woke up at 3am to do) to the many, many fake apologies empty promises from every single rep I've spoken to or chatted with. I've posted several times expressing my increasingly growing displeasure and urge to change carriers. Hell, T-Mobile offerred to pay my termination fees. If they had my phone today, it would be bye -bye sprint. Which is a shame because we have been loyal customers for close to a decade. I feel sorry for all of us who were duped into plunking down hard earned dollars only to be told we can't cancel and we can't change our order to a different, less desired model. Hell, I even offered to pay and go to 128gb model just to get something in my hands sooner. But I wasnt allowed to even do that. This isn't Apple's first iPhone release. This isn't sprints first experience with a high demand product. The preparedness on sprints behalf is simply embarrassing. When my co workers or friends or even family ask me who my cell phone provider is, I'm ashamed to say it's sprint. They have done NOTHING for us, except take my money and direct me to the "shipping times" website every time I try to reach out. #embarrassed #angry #tiredofbengliedto

Highlighted
Master

anthonycrespino2013A - I know this is frustrating for you.

Global demand for the new iPhones has been unprecedented. We are continuing to ship out phones as soon as we receive inventory.

Sprint's inventory and delivery expectations are in line with other carriers. As soon as our inventory is replenished we will mail ASAP.

- Robert
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Jeffbullian97 - We understand how important it is to have your new phone as soon as possible. We are doing the best we can with the stock Apple is sending out to us. As soon as we receive the devices we are shipping them to both our stores and the customers who pre-ordered the devices online/over the phone. - Katie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Katie you seem like a nice lady, but admit it you all are full of air!

I Like all the other Sprint customers have been totally mislead! Starting with the Sprint store, then Corporate and then National. It should be easy to return merchandise that hasn't been delivered yet! It is total robbery that we cannot get our money back until the product is delivered.... 6-8 weeks.....does that make sense to you? Suggestion all you Sprint Reps need to get your stories straight and stop blaming each other!

Your company, should be compensating all the customers you have misled!

I Too was at Sprint the day I was able to preorder, Sept 12th.... They told me I would have the phone within the week the phone was released, but not on the day because I did not pay for the 2 day shipping....2 day shipping?? You mean 6-8 week shipping....please....that was lie 1. Lie 2, they told me your cc will not be billed until the product has shipped.....ha, that transaction went right through on the 12th!

this is no different than getting your cc hacked!

Lesson learned, if you are due for an upgrade go through Apple directly!

Sincerely,

MIsled, annoyed, soon to be Verizon Customer!

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is life. It took a lot of digging for me, but I finally got my pre order cancelled. For those of you who ordered online, I'm not sure I can help but if you ordered in the store this worked for me. I went in with my pre order receipt and asked for the store manager. I work for a college athletic department and being without a phone that properly functions for 6-8 weeks ( my battery in my iPhone 5 is shot) I simply couldn't have it. She asked what I would like to switch to, I changed to the 6 128gb, and she went into the back of the store, got the phone, followed 3 steps that sprint emailed to all stores on how to cancel orders, applied the 345.00 of credit back to my card I originally pre ordered with, and then processed the order for the new phone. It took about 20 minutes. She said every store should be able to do this. So after hearing that, the first 9 hours of me dealing with this disaster was just a way to not let consumers out of their contract for fear of going to another carrier. Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Master

anthonycrespino2013A,

I am glad to hear that the store was able to help out and get this done for you. Would you like us to place formal feedback on a store that did not follow this procedure for you or the agent you spoke with on the phone? Let me know, it is a pleasure to be here for you.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat