cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked iphone 6 plus not activating with sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked iphone 6 plus not activating with sprint

So, I have been a sprint customer for several years. I have an unlocked iphone 6 plus from apple that im trying to activate on the sprint network. I already spoken with 4 reps. The last rep opened a clickit ticket for me and set me up with an appointment to have my phone serviced at my nearest store. I went in today and the sales rep on the store couldnt get the ipgone activated under sprint. We did countless master resets, tried different sim cards and nothing worked. After staying in the store for nearly 2 hours the rep told me to go home and connect the phone to itunes and it should pop up as unlocked. I tried that amd it didnt work. Why cant i activate my iphone 6 plus on sprint? Sprint seems like the only carrier to have a problem activating it on their network. I tried my coworkers sim card (verizon,tmobile) they both worked. I have the sim card in the iphone from my galaxy s7 (service through sprint) and its saying invalid sim card. I think im going to leave sprint soon because as a longtime customer of theirs it seems like something so simple is being made to be so hard. If i cant activate it then ill just pay the ETF and go to another carrier.

Does anyone know how to get it activated under sprint? Its unlocked from apple. Ive used it for a little while on tmobile prepaid plan. Tmobile confirmed that its unlicked and theres nothing they can do on their end

29 REPLIES 29
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlocked iphone 6 plus not activating with sprint

Rocboi87breezy, we're sorry for the experience you have faced and we don't want to see you leave our Sprint family. There is some information we need to review in order to activate a phone with our Bring Your Own Phone program. Details can be found here. Some of the requirements are that the phone should be domestic unlocked, no reports/restrictions and the phone should have a compatible Sprint SIM card to be added to our Database. Did you have the chance to get or keep one of the compatible SIM cards when trying to activate the iPhone 6? Also, I'd like to check if the phone is added to our Database already, I sent you a Private Message to further assist.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Currently, with Verizon, trying to switch to Sprint, my Iphone 6 Plus (A1524) isn't activating, and I also spoke with several representatives. How can I have this issue sorted out?

Thanks

Journeyman

One of the reps helped me on this forum. They will probably send u a private message. They were really helpful. They need to have your imei registered on sprints network. After the techs in the store failed to help me i got it done on here in less than 1/2 hour. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello difallah! Let's take a look into this. I replied to your private message. Please review your inbox for the information I provided. I'm more than happy to help.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi,

I've been going through the same issue and that has been very frustrating. I had many on-line chat, multiple long phone call with customer support and two visits to the Sprint store and still my unlocked iPhone 6 wouldn't be activated. I really thinking to take my business elsewhere because a simple devie swap should be hassle. Specially when I place a sim card from ATT, Verizon or T-Mobile the phone finds the network in 10 seconds with no problem. But the same phone iphone 6 Global edition (A1586) which is also the same iPhone 6 model that Sprint sells, cannot b activated in Sprint network because IMEI is not in their database. And simple phone activation cannot be handled by any Sprint customer support rep this is simply just unbelievable.    

GrandMaster

if its not in their database then it must be added..which takes around 2-3 days to process.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
if its not in their database then it must be added..which takes around 2-3 days to process.

I agree. But for some reason none of the customer rep be bale to add the phone in their database. I was asked to go back store and when I asked the rep that what a store rep would be able to do differently than a back office support person but response was just go back to store. The biggest frustration is each rep says something different.

- first attemp I was told unsupported SIM card

- second attempt - found an unused SIM that was SIMGLW436C which is compatible to iPhone 6 but they failed activating phone again was told go store for a new SIM card

- 3rd attempt - store give a brand new SIM card which was W436C as well. They failed to activate again and they told me this phone is locked. Even though I told them this iPhone 6 Global not a carrier specific phone and bought from Apple store, but the rep knows better than I. I go back frineds and borowed their SIM cards, ATT and Verizon. Place it in boom my phone work on ATT. the Verizon SIM, boom now my phone works on Verizon network.

- 4th attempt: called in told them hey look this an unlocked phone, it is a A1586 as same as what Sprint sells so no argue on compatibility. I have new SIM card from Sprint store. well, activation failed. I was asked to go back store again. 

IT's been very frustrating. By the way nearby Sprint stores which are franchise and they have no help. They immediately turn you down if you are not there to buy something. So you have to go Sprint corporate store. I mean, this is just unbelievable. How come a simple device swap/activation could be such a pain?  

GrandMaster

a Sprint corporate store would be the only one that could do that type of stuff anyways. the 3rd party ones can do repairs and sell you stuff pretty much. one of the agents in here can get the info from you and get this ball rolling. they will fire you a private message requesting certain info.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem with my iPhone 6 Plus how can I get this issue resolved

Journeyman

One of the reps will send u a private message to help u. Kelvin helped me. Took less than 1 hour

Journeyman

One of the reps will help u get it solved
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat