cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail not working with iPhone 6

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Visual Voicemail not working with iPhone 6

And now, after activating, realize that visual voicemail is not working either. I am not looking forward to dealing with another half hour phone call to helpline, so please advise how to fix this.

Master

Hingetown, Hey there! We do apologize that you're having difficulty with your visual voice mail. But we can help. Have you attempted any troubleshooting fix this issue? If not, please follow this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send us a private message so that we can assist you.

- Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi, Kimberly.

I was able to figure out the data roaming workaround. I'm still not clear as to why the phones are sent out without voicemail functional, but everything appears to be working now.

For what it's worth - it would be great if Sprint could put some more people on its phone banks to take support calls. We weren't able to self activate our phones out of the box for some reason, so we looked for instructions, but the instructions were omitted from the mailing (but referenced on the invoice), then we called the 800 number on the invoice, which was not a current number, then we had to google for Sprint's helpline number, then spent a half hour waiting to talk to someone, only to find out upon activation - but after hanging up with the helpline - that visual voicemail didn't work. Which led me back to google and eventually here.

I appreciate Sprint's priority on responding to web posts; truly, it's a good customer service trait. But the need for that service could be greatly minimized with a little more attention to detail on the front end - in the shipping and activation process, and by beefing up the phone bank staff for times when those two efforts fail.

Master

Hingetown, We definitely do apologize for the difficulty you faced trying to contact us. We do have several Technical Support/Customer Service centers to assist our customers with phone activation and other device issues but those departments are currently closed. We are available to you 24/7's to you in our Social Care department for any assistance you might need. By the way, thank you for that compliment! We will take your advice in stride and attempt to apply it in the future. Do you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like us to address? If so, let us know! We'd love to help.

- Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello - I am having an issue with my visual voicemail from my upgrade today from my iPhone 5s to the iPhone6.  16 of my voicemails were moved and available when I left the store with the upgrade and they told me that the others would become available when my downloads were complete.  It appears everything has downloaded hours later and yet I still have only the last 16 messages on visual voicemail. In addition, if I call the voicemail they are not available there either. I have some very important messages that I need to access. Thanks!

Master

Piccotti,

I understand how frustrating this must be for you and I apologize for the misinformation you received. Unfortunately when you upgrade or swap to a new phone, previously delivered messages are not redelivered to the new phone.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have the iPhone 6 as of May and cannot get this to work. Some steps to get this accomplished would be greatly appreciated. Called customer service and info provided has not helped.

Journeyman

Hello have same issue after upgrading from 5s to iPhone 6s Plus. Spent countless hours and visits at sprint and Apple stores and no one can seem to figure this out with the visual voicemail...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup same issue here, customer support has been useless about it. I even pointed out this "Change the NAI" tip suggested in the OP and they ignored me, instead attempting to have me totally wipe and restore my iPhone (yeah right.)

Journeyman

I am having the same problem - cannot get to visual voicemail no matter what I've tried. I just got the new iphone 6s last week (from 5s that also didn't have visual voicemail) and cannot get visual voicemail nor do I get notified at all when I have a new voicemail. I've turning data roaming on. My husband, on the same sprint plan as I am, has visual voicemail, but for some reason I don't. Please advise, thanks!

Journeyman

I switched from att to sprint, a 6 to a 6s, I had voicemail before and now it will not connect, what's the solution.

Journeyman

Help. My vvm isn't working either. Can you assist. iPhone 6s with iOS 10.3.2 installed. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat