ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my 5S outperforming my new 6?

Journeyman

Why is my 5S outperforming my new 6?

Every speed test I run no matter where I am at the 5s pulls better download speeds than the 6. The 5S signal is stronger at ALL TIMES! Why? I am now getting messages saying unable to activate data. Why? The 5s is fine it gets data. I even switched hands to see if my left arm was hurting the 6 in some way. And nope same results. Under field test the 5s signal was a constant-110. The 6 was all over the place. Why? The 6 is supposed to be superior in every way. Is there a software problem with the 6?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Why is my 5S outperforming my new 6?

feelingdupped,

We are sorry to hear about this. Are both phones on the Sprint network? You can do a service update on your device by dialing ##873283#. This can help with signal issues. Let us know if you see any difference after this.

- Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same here. All the ##..... They keep telling you to do, and updating PRL and what not isn't going to solve it. They just following their troubleshooting guide, truth is these iPhone 6 are unable to connect to spark lte towers and their speeds on regular lte are way slower than previous model. No one was able to connect to spark lte on iPhone 6 as of yet

Master

Coosawatchie - I can definitely understand your frustration. try resetting the network settings. Go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings. The phone will reboot. Wait for the bars to reappear before you test the signal. Please keep me posted with the results. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I gave my iohine 6 back and got an lg g3. Its not an iphone but it is very nice. Had it for 4 days and i love it. Oh it gets spark in my house. Wow not bad when all the reps tell me my area does not hace spark.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat