cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling??

Journeyman

Wifi calling??

Hello, does anyone have any ideas if/when Sprint will enable Wifi Calling on the iPhones? I work in a building where there's no cell signal except AT&T (with repeaters). While my work phone (AT&T) is fine, my personally phone is Sprint

This is a very sore point for me, as T-Mobile is now offering Wifi Calling on the iPhones so it will work at my workspace where there is wifi... I'm hoping to stay with Sprint, but not if I can't use my phone while I'm at work.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Wifi calling??

Kloud - I truly apologize about the issue. As far as enabling WiFi calling on iPhones at the moment we have no information. Please click this link to keep you updated on the latest information http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz - Tiffani
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

Just a little heads up don't go thru Sprint to get wifi calling they will tell you it is not available. That is what they told me about my Moto X. Go to your app store and download Google Voice. It should already have the Sprint wifi link in it.  download it and set it up. GV has a lot of issues I have had it for months and have had many problems. You need the lint for wifi calling. Sign out of it. Then get Google Hangouts Dialer. hangoutd Dialer ises GV's phone number for wifi calling. Hangouts works a lot better than GV with less issues and more functonallity. You cam make calls, SMS, and video calls and much more. Eventually Google will phase out GV and use Hangoutd anyway.Try this it works for me. Good luck.

Journeyman

RDK927,

That is an interesting idea. I noticed you posted it for an Android device. I'm playing with the Hangouts now on my iPhone. I was able to make outgoing calls via my GV number. Incoming calls are a little flaky as the phone doesn't always ring and register. Also picking up the calls is not seamless as I would like.

Wizard

I had the same issue.If you are running through s router w/WiFi then you need to make a full connection. Just because you turn on the WiFi doesn't mean you get a full connection. What you have to do is go to your router page and click on wireless and you will be asked for a code. You can find this code in settings, WiFi and look for WPS pin entry. The code is there. Entry it into the router control page and hit register. Now you will have a full and protected connection. The wifi should be faster too. This may correct the incomming call issue. Wifi over the internet is a little tricky. Too much traffic. I hope this helps.

Master

RDK927,

Please visit http://bit.ly/1vsAzFA for more information on Wi-Fi- callng. Hope this helps. Please let me know if we can assist you with anything else. Thank you.
Menia, Sprint Social Care
Master

Kloud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Wi-Fi calling. Please click on this link: http://bit.ly/1vsAzFA for troubleshooting steps. Let me know if this helps.

Sincerely,

- Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

If you look into my account you would see that I already have wifi calling for months. Also I have learned howe to fix many of the issues. Look for my post in discussions.network Wifi calling router connections.

Master

RDK927

Thanks so much for posting in the thread. It looks like everything is working well for you, but if you need any assistance, please let me know. Have a good day!

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Possibly as soon as next 2 months for iphone 5c/5s. And then no later than 1st Qtr for 6/6+.

Master

sprint9149

We are always here to help. Let us know when you're in need of assistance.

Marcus

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat