Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus not receiving or sending text messaging

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 6 Plus not receiving or sending text messaging

I just activated my new iPhone 6 Plus two days ago and have a problem with not being able to send or receive any text messages. Is there a way to update all network connections or way around iMessage? My previous phone was a Galaxy S3 and worked fine with no problems.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: iPhone 6 Plus not receiving or sending text messaging

jAKEE415

Turn off iMessage and try to send and receive a text. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Following. I'm having the same issue. I can send out texts but am not receiving them. I get some from Apple users and non-Apple users. Upgraded to the iPhone 6 from the 4s.

Master

TNPullins,

Try these steps to resolve your issue. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The device will reboot, however this will not cause any data loss. Once the device comes back on, go to your keypad and dial ##873283#. This will update the data profile. Once it completes, allow about 5 minutes to pass before attempting to send another text message. Create a new thread to send the messages instead of attempting to send a failed message from your inbox. Please let me know how this works.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The problem was I had google voice enabled. So I disabled it and re-enabled it and it works. But nobody at tech services could tell me that.

Journeyman

Thanks! This worked for me.  I had disabled Google Voice because Hangouts integration had began sending hundreds of multiples of my texts.  I traded that problem for this one when I got the iPhone.  Let's hope all is behind me now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat