Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus preorder?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 6 Plus preorder?

Dear Sprint Complaint Reader,

On the 12th I was one of those people who was online as soon as the clock struck midnight. The website was down and I refreshed it again and again waiting for Sprint, who had a whole year to prepare for this, to get things going. I finally found a number and dialed it. I was on hold for and hour and thirty-one minutes before someone took my call. Her name was Nona and was talking to me, as best she could, from Manila, Philippines. The poor girl had no idea what was going on and her computer system kept crashing. She couldn't give me the proper information on monthly costs and fees for the different iPhones and plans and it became a guessing game between the two of us.

After another hour and ten minutes on the phone with her I had what I thought settled the deal right about almost four in the morning. I gave it 24 hours and put in the order code she gave me to check my status and it wasn't on file. Turns out there were dashes that needed to be included with the code and through trial and error figured it out on my own. I also got lucky and happened to check my mail and found there were some documents that needed to be signed before it could be processed. None of this was made known to me because I assume Nona didn't have access to any of that information either. So another full day had gone by without my order being fully processed. But not to worry, my credit card had been charged.

When I finally got to look at the contract it appears I'm paying for the 128GB plan which is fine with me except I'm getting the 64GB phone in the contract. So I called and they said that I would need to wait until my phone arrives before they can switch it out for the 128.

Everyone I have spoken with has been very polite and I have been too. My issue comes with the fact that I would've been better off ordering it from Apple and just walking into pick it up on the 20th like my friend did. He's been using his for four days now and mine isn't going to be here for at least another week. My, "pre-order," isn't a pre-order if I don't get when I'm supposed to.

I know you're sorry, I've flipped through the different discussions and read your apologies. Cut and pasted countless times to many an angry and or disappointed customer. And I know that whoever is reading this, you're sick of dealing with this probably more so than me. So you, beleaguered employee of the Sprint machine, pass this up. And you, down trodden middleman with aspirations of upper management, send this up to your boss. And you mid-level boss, make an executive decision and send this up to the guy with the personalized parking space right up front. And you secretary to that guy make sure he sees this and then CC it to his boss and his boss all the way until it reaches Pres. Leopold Von Sprint or whoever runs this beast and tell him to give me my dang phone and get his s*** together. I worked four hours on this can't someone give me four minutes.

Best,

Morgan

P.S. Instead of saying you're sorry you can show it.

P.P.S. Thank you and have a lovely day.

28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 Plus preorder?

This is the most polite and hilarious way to describe how I feel about not having my phone. Thanks for this post. Made my day

Journeyman

Thanks Fletcher, hopefully you won't be the only one! Good luck!

Journeyman

There is lots of us out there with this same issue! Your so right to go through Apple Directly, my friend who has Verizon, went into Apple on the 20th and walked out with her new IPhone!

IF I was told the day I went in to preorder that the phone would be unavailable to me for 6-8 weeks, I would have done what my friend did....lucky for her, Verizon was HONEST with her that they would not have the phone until Nov!

Wake up Sprint....if you need to be lying to your loyal customers, your not doing something right!

Totally turned off customer!

Journeyman

They had a whole year to prepare for this. They said the orders were unprecedented. I know. But the orders two years before with the iPhone 5 were also unprecedented so wouldn't that kind of make a precedent? Maybe something you want to get ready for?

And what did supply have to do with their website crashing and changing the delivery time after the first day of pre-order from 1 week to up to 3 weeks for before 11am and 4-6 for everybody else?

If I have 100 phones in my warehouse before they go on sale then that means I can let 100 people pre-order. Not take everybody's money and then make them wait until the phone has been out a month and a half.

Master

MMCBASCON
I see that you are aware that the iPhone 6+'s are on back order. Although we are working to get them out to customers when we receive them in inventory, if there is anything we can assist you with, please let us know. - Tiara
Sprint Social Care
Master

AFletcher5 - Please let us know if you have any questions. Have a wonderful day. - Katie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I absolutely agree with the original post. I am dissappointed with Sprint. They knew the iphone 6 was coming and they dropped the ball bigtime. Even worse this company could care less. There are no messages updating me on my preorder, when I called they said cases werent being made yet... Im still SMH at that and the fact that the PREORDER meant im fooling you into ordering to get my numbers up but yall will get it on the next load that comes in. WTF.....I've been a loyal customer for over 5 years and this is a HUGE slap in the face from Sprint.

Master

SmashyCrashy We sincerely apologize for the issues surrounding the delivery of the new iPhones.

We are working closely with the manufacturer on inventory needs. We will send devices out to our retail channels as quickly as they arrive. - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That's great Christopher S. Can you tell me why my order is taking so long when other people who live in the same city and ordered AFTER me already have theirs? If you could explain this that would make it all much easier to handle.

Master

iphone6preordered - That's not what we like to hear. We take customer satisfaction very seriously. We understand how frustrating this may be and we are doing everything we can to get all devices out in a timely manner. To stay updated on your order please visit this link http://bit.ly/1kqeSWa Thank you for your patience and loyalty over the years. We appreciate you. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. - Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

You didn't answer my question Nellie. That response makes no sense. Are you a real person? What happened to Christopher S.? Are you a computer program? And will you answer my question? My question is still why is my order taking so long when other people who live in the same city and ordered AFTER me already have theirs?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat