cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Plus voicemail greeting

Journeyman

iPhone 6 Plus voicemail greeting

Help Please...my voicemail greeting to callers has changed.  Instead of my custom greeting they are hearing..."You have reached an automated voicemail system".  I do not get notifications if they leave a message.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution to this problem?

I have recorded a customized greeting and it is still giving the same strange greeting.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: iPhone 6 Plus voicemail greeting

Hello IMSANDIEI

Thank you very much for reaching out. Have you swapped your device lately? What is the latest software version of your device? Did you try setting it up from zero again? Please confirm if when setting up you have selected under "Greeting", Default instead of Custom. Once you select Custom again it will give you the recording option. Tap Record to begin recording the personal greeting. Let me know if this helps.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Irene, thank you for responding.

I haven't swapped the device lately, I believe I have had the phone for over a year...it is an iPhone Plus.

The latest software version is iOS 9.3.2.

I don't understand what you mean by setting it up from zero again...do you mean the voicemail greeting or my phone?

The setting under Greeting is Custom and I have recorded several new greetings to see if it will take.  I can hear my greeting from the recording on my phone but when someone calls and tried to leave a message, they get the "You have reached an automated voicemail system" greeting.  Also, their message never gets to me and I do not get a notification that they have called.

I have read that this is probably a carrier problem but my friend who has AT&T service is experiencing the same problem.  The only common theme is that both of us have the iPhone Plus.

The other unusual thing is that there is another phone in the house that has Sprint service and the voicemail is working correctly, it is an iPhone 6 with the same iOS version.

Sprint Social Care

Hello IMSANDIEI,

Sorry for the delay in responding. What I mean by setting up from zero is the voicemail. Please try the next steps:

Turn device off for 2 minutes, then turn back on and, from the keypad dial ##873283# you will not loose your information. This is only going to update your device from the towers. Then tap the Voicemail tab> Tap Set Up Now> Enter a password for the voicemail account and tap Done (Re-enter password)> Tap Custom to record a personal greeting> Tap Record> Stop> Save>.

Let me know if this helps.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat