cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

I have tried for the past week to unlock an iPhone 6 that I bought from the original owner, the phone is no longer on a active sprint account the phone is paid off and ready for activation on the sprint network. I have spoken to 8 representatives all giving me reasons as to why the phone can't be unlocked but then they check again and the phone meets the requirements(this is frustrating) and it can be unlocked for domestic use so they tell me to wait 48 hours then to call back to have to unlock request escalated so I call back and they tell me the phone is unlocked on their end but the phone still gives me the dreaded sim not valid so I go and chat up apple's customer support and they tell me the phone is still locked to sprint(how nice)

my last call with sprint was today and I asked if they could just send the unlock request to apple and they said no because apple doesn't unlock their phones correctly(what a bunch of lies) he then says that since the phone isn't on the network it couldn't be unlocked!!! (at&t unlocks their phones online through apple iTunes restore why can't sprint?) The first rep said the phone could be unlocked over wifi and it would take 48 hours, 48 hours came and went with no unlock in sight. can someone help with with some insight as to how I can get this phone domestically unlocked? The original owner of the phone has released this phone to me and contacted sprint to give me full access to this phone he also said they gave him an MSL code but I looked online and it's useless.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

Angely.S

I totally understand your concerns and apologize for this experience. I need more information in order to assist. Kindly use this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send me a private message. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

- Keisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Keisha, why you make this personal and private. If you answer how to really correct this problem, it could be helpful for others with similar problem.

Journeyman

This is a widespread issue with phones meeting the requirements but sprint makes it impossible for us to unlock our phones.

Master

Angely.S,

Information regarding unlocking devices for domestic use can be found via the following link http://sprint.co/OUqJND .

- Duane
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint just called me and told me they went ahead and unlocked it for me she said it might take 24-48 hours and if it doesn't work to write them back here, lets see if they did it or its another false unlocking.

GrandMaster

youre right. they should blast all this posters personal info on this fully public site..good call.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Ummm, I believe that they were talking about posting the resolution for others that may have the same issue and not the poster's info, genius...

Master

babiegurl33 - We know this can be aggravated. In order to verify the unlock status, we are going to need the transaction number. Please go to the Sprint Facebook and send us a PM with this number.- Jose
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well I've been trying my third party sim for the past 2 days and get the dreaded sim not valid! it's been 48 hours and I still have a locked device, can I just get it unlocked?! the last rep promised me the phone would be unlocked 24-48 hours later and nothing is changed.

GrandMaster

Ask a dumb question and you get a dumb answer. Asking why it's being talked about in a pm rather than in here should be obvious dontcha think? To get to that possible fix what things do you think ate going to be needed by the agent? Hmm.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat