cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

SOLVED
GrandMaster

Re: iPhone 6 domestic sim unlock

all the carriers use the same exact numbers to add a phone onto their network. off the top of my head there has only been one phone that couldnt be unlocked...it was if im remembering right a iphone 4 or 4s i think. the rest can be unlocked as long as all the criteria are met.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Social Care

nicolecnts, it is possible to unlock a device for domestic use. Domestic SIM Unlock, refers to enabling the SIM slot of your device to allow you to insert another carrier's SIM card (either domestically or internationally.) However, unlocking a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with another carrier's network.

Additionally, unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not all (e.g., an unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a different network).

NOTE: Not all devices are capable of having the SIM slot unlocked.

You can review the Sprint unlocking policy clicking here

If you have any additional concerns or if you need assistance unlocking a device, please let us know.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 s domestic sim unlock

do not want to change carriers I just want unlock card

Social Care

Hi Longlegs138!

Lets take  look into this for you. Please reply to the Private Message I sent you.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi, 

I have an iPhone 6 and 6s, both of which were purchased after february 2015 and both should have been automatically unlocked when eligible.  I even called Sprint prior to switching over to another carrier and was told there was nothing else I needed to do.  Today I ported over my phone number to another carrier, put my SIM card in and got a SIM card incompatible error message. I then called Sprint who said it will take 72 hours to unlock my phone . I now have a phone without a compatible carrier and Sprint will charge me over 140 dollars to reactivate my phone for the 3 days until my phone can be unlocked.  On top of everything I will be traveling out of the country in 2 days.  Can a Sprint social care expert please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

Journeyman

I have the same issue many here complain about, Spoke to sprint several times and every time I get a response that my iPhone 6+ is unlocked and there is no issue to use it with another carrier...

Well, Guess what, It's not, I put other carrier's SIM cards in, and I always get the same message that the SIM cannot be activated on another carrier. 

Spring folks, It seems in this forum that you have dealt with this in the past, Can you please help?

Social Care

Hi oded124, domestically unlocking the SIM does not mean the device, and all functions, will work with any or all other carrier.  Allow us to check if the device its unlocked. Please reply to the private message I sent you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

It is infuriatingly obscene that two years later this thread is still active, with Sprint still not able to successfully unlock an iphone. I've gotten answers from the help line stating anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 days to have my phone unlocked. And yet, it's still locked...

Social Care

AJPeters1974, thank you for contacting us. Allow us to check the status of your unlock request and help you. Please reply to the private message I sent you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ina., would you pretty please take a look at the status of my unlock request? Thank you!
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.