cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 full price can't activate on overseas sim for travel

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 6 full price can't activate on overseas sim for travel

Hi, I bought a iPhone 6 full price from Sprint and I'd like to use it overseas for travel. The problem is, I can't activate the iPhone 6 on a european sim. I tried a Vodafone and KPN sim but both gave me the screen 'invalid sim'. I know it must be possible because I've seen other people activate their iPhone 6 full price from Sprint activate for overseas sim. Anyone an idea what I could've possibly done wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 full price can't activate on overseas sim for travel

You have done nothing wrong. What you have done is run into Sprint's draconian unlock policy.

Sprint requires you to have an active line for 90 days with your bill paid on time. Once you have done that you can call them and ask for an international unlock.

Sprint will only unlock internationally. They will never unlock your phone for domestic use.

Master

eyoungren_banned,

Thank you for your input on this thread. Here is some more information regarding the unlock terms and conditions: www.sprint.com/unlock.

Regards

Audrey,

Sprint Social Care
Master

iPhonianNL

Hello there! Are you currently a Sprint customer? Please visit http://bit.ly/O7qKfK on our unlocking policy.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

iphonian, if you were a Sprint customer in good standing for 90 days with ANY phone before you activated the new iPhone 6, it can be unlocked right away. Unfortunately, you'll need to restore the phone from a backup after Sprint unlocks it for the unlock to take effect. Good luck.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat