cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 plus/128GB/Gray ordered 9/24 - Still Not Shipped as of 12/2

Go to solution
Journeyman

iPhone 6 plus/128GB/Gray ordered 9/24 - Still Not Shipped as of 12/2

Hey all.  Anyone who ordered an iPhone 6 Plus / 128GB / Space Gray in late September get theirs yet?  I was quoted the original 3-4 week lead time by the store clerk.  The 4 weeks came and went with nothing but crickets chirping, so I called Sprint.  I was told it might be a couple more weeks, which, again, came and went by...crickets.  I called again at the week 6 mark and they really couldn't give me a time-frame as for shipment.  I was given the "a few more weeks" script again (by the way, I do feel a bit sorry for those customer service reps, it's not their fault, and I each time I called, I felt like they really did understand my frustration and were empathetic).  Another concern I had expressed with the rep was that I haven't received a single email from the time I ordered on 9/24/2014 regarding further delays, expected ship date, lead time, etc...She was kind and said she would take care of the email issue, however, still not a single email from Sprint regarding my order.

So, here I sit.  No iPhone 6 Plus, and it will be 10 weeks tomorrow (12/3/2014) and my order status online shows basically nothing.  No tracking number, nothing listed in the "status" section either.  Is Sprint the red-headed step child of Apple, getting no love, or what?  I don't understand how a backorder could stretch past 10 weeks.  Apple has ramped up production (as far as I have read online).  To add to my frustration, get this...my son broke his Galaxy S4, so I walked into the store I ordered my 6 Plus 128GB from, and WALKED OUT with a 6 Plus / 16GB / Space Gray for him on the iPhone lease program.  Granted, it was not the 128GB version, which seems to be the one that is getting pushed out so far, but dang...This is really frustrating.  I feel like I have lost "value" in the device having to wait so long for something I've paid for.  Heck, the 6S Plus will be out in 10 Months.  #frustrated, #facepalm, #pleaseshipmyphone

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 6 plus/128GB/Gray ordered 9/24 - Still Not Shipped as of 12/2

Ya im in the same boat, ordered 6plus 128GB SpaceGrey on Oct 14, ...7th week of waiting is today with absolutely no information or emails from sprint regarding my order, plan change or anything.at.all. When contacting Sprint, they say to check online order form which only shows me when the order was set up. (7 weeks ago - was 4-6 week processing time btw)

If the wait time was going to be so great they should've been listed as preorders and not charged me the $500+ until the unit is actually available.  I along with everybody else is wondering if my phone will ever come.

I think the biggest problem here is lack of communication and misleading sales/adverts by both APPLE and Sprint.

You can order one(128gb SG) directly through APPLE with only a 3 week waiting window BTW.

So I guess my plan is to keep waiting and maybe after the new year to see if something updates or cancels or refunds my money.  Then will try to purchase one through APPLE and wait another few months maybe.  But at this point I've already given up hope and have resigned to the fact that I may never get my new phone or the 6S or 7 will be out by then and I wont want outdated technology.

Truly a sad customer the past 2 months.

---  I like both Sprint and Apple, it's more Apples fault for not delivering ontime and Sprints bad of not adjusting wait times or notifying us(me) of delays.  I'm not going to leave either over it but wanted to make my issue known.   I work for another tech company who just had a major delay of a couple months for a highly anticipated product, I work in customer service answering phones/emails etc(just like these) but we at least said, "Hey this is whats going on, were very sorry, etc etc. X more months".  I'll wait whatever it takes for my 128gb SG, all I want is to know if its gunna be another week, month, few months, any date(s) at this point would be calming and assuring.  $500 is a lot to have in someone else's bank account for 2 months.

Journeyman

Ordered mine online 10/22. Was told to private message them, that's a joke. They don't even respond to that. No updates on mine either. I've noticed they have gone on to radio silence more or less here.

Master

Nessa74,
This is not what we like to hear. We apologize for the delay. When did you send the private message?
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I Ordered the 6+ 128G SG on 9/30. Got the extended shipping delay email on 11/7 for an additional 4 to 6 week wait. Today I am at 9 weeks on the original order and 3 weeks into the delay shipping window. I have called CS once and after several inquiries was told early December they should ship. So I will give it until the end of next week before I make another call. Through my research nobody had been getting this model delivered in a timely manner.

Master

DMS007,
We apologize for the delay. You should receive your device soon. We appreciate your patience.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

2 days ago

Master

Nessa74 - We're sorry for the delay. All private messages are answered in the order they are received. - Johnice
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi I feel you all the way I order my iPhone 6 + 128GB back in November 1 & I'm still waiting for mines sprint is horrible can u let me no when you received yours.

Journeyman

Ordered my 6 plus 128 gb space gray on 9/20. After 11 weeks, and 2 delay emails, I finally got a shipping notice this morning. I should have it tomorrow evening.

Journeyman

I would like to cancel my order if Sprint Care can please assist.

Journeyman

You have waited this long, You should give it until the end of next week. I ordered mine on 9/30. If nothing by next Friday then that is when I am going to look at all my options. including going with another provider if necessary. I feel we are in the home stretch and bailing now would be a mistake.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat