cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 plus visual voicemail

Journeyman

iPhone 6 plus visual voicemail

I upgraded to the 6 plus and now my visual voicemail doesn't work. Whenever I touch the voicemail button it just calls my voicemail. Help please!

10 REPLIES
Master

Re: iPhone 6 plus visual voicemail

amirachev03

Thank you for posting. What type of phone did you have previously? Does the internet work on your phone? Keep me posted. - Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had an iPhone 5 previously and yes my internet does work. I saw on other posts to try turning the data roaming on, which I've done already too.

Master

amirachev03,

To view steps on how to access visual voice mail from your device, please visit the link below http://sprint.co/1wnpVmv
Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

- Wendy
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you, but that doesn't help. When I touch the voicemai button instead of going to set up it calls my voicemail. I found another message thread where someone was having the same issue. "Agnes from SprintCare fixed it! She had to change the old NAI (Network Access Identifier) and that with the ##UPDATE# fixed it." Could this be the issue?

Master

amirachev03,

I'd like to help you with this. Please send a Private Message following this link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

- Carolyn
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same problem. Can you help me as well.

Master

KINGD

We apologize for the experience you have been going through. How long has this been going on? Did you try troubleshooting the phone using the Sprint Zone application?

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I was having the exact problem since I got my IPhone 6 Plus when they came out. I had spent hours on the support line to be transferred with no solution.

Today, I just had Nash from Sprint and Michael from Apple finally get the Voicemail showing as received on the screen with the record of the call!   I am so HAPPY!!  Nash deleted the voicemail program from my phone and reinstalled it.  I had to reset it up with new password and message.   Credit goes to Michael at Apple who conferenced with Nash (at Sprint)   

Journeyman

I wish Sprint would answer this question.

Journeyman

i don't know if this is your issue, but i was able to fixed this on my own. i went through all the steps ##update#, resetting netwok settings on the phone, calling tech support, who by the way told me visual voicemail wasnt offered on all iphone 6 plus models. she told me it was an apple issue. which totally didnt make sense! and the apple guy confirmed it wasnt an apple issue. i trust apple tech support 100% over sprint tech support. so here is what i figured out my issue was.

when i got my blackberry curve all those years ago, i had a problem with the phone dialing sprint customer service and 911 randomly since the numbers were stored in the phone at purchase if i remember correctly. At any rate, to avoid it i modified the contact and added a hashtag in front of those numbers including then number for voicemail. when i switched over to the 4s iphone all my contacts were imported and i wasnt able to get voicmail notifications. when i upgraded to the 6 plus same thing and no visual voicemail as my other iphone for work through verizon.

i was perusing my contact list and sure enough those entries were in the contact list. however no phone number was assigned to it. i deleted those entries and NOW i have visual voicemail! Sprint i want credit if i found the solution for your visual voicemail issue! so bottom line folks check your contacts that were imported from your blackberry and other phones maybe. if you see voicemail in ur contact list or some weird entry that says "no name" delete it! i bet it will work!

sorry for the long post but i had to get it out. sprint i want credit! my user name should be thatboybux. stupid typing fast...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat