cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone forever!!! [inappropriate word removed]!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone forever!!! [inappropriate word removed]!!

I leased my phone about 4 months ago, I was told icould come in anytime there was a new iPhone to upgrade but now iam being told by Sprint since iam not on iPhoneforever ihave to wait a whole year. Thatsnot what the manager atthe charlotte ncstore told me. hisname is Jose. If thatsthe case I'm going to cancel and sue the [inappropriate word removed] out of sprint

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.
Message was edited by: TheModerator

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: iPhone forever!!! wtf!!

I was told the same thing when I got my phone last year. I was told that whenever a new IPhonecame out that I would be able to upgrade, now I'm told that I can't because I have IPhoneForever and not IPhonefor Life I have to wait until mtyear is up before I can upgrade. I think Sprint thought that Apple wouldn't come out with a new phone before the year was up, but since they did, they are changing their story to save money. Sprint is full of [inappropriate word removed]!!!!!!

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.
Message was edited by: TheModerator

Journeyman

Re: iPhone forever!!! [inappropriate word removed]!!

This happened to me also so basically to get the new iPhone I have to pay the cancelation fee and whatever is remaining on the phone I currently have and then I can get the new phone, this whole set up is absolutely ridiculous and they should be exposed!!! iPhone forever my [inappropriate word removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

We went to the Sprint store yesterday to "upgrade", but expected to put a down payment to upgrade to the IPhone 6 for myself and IPhone 6S for my wife.  We are only 7 months into our contract, but the upgrade conditions were pretty fair. We put the money down, saved about $40 on our bill, were given emergency chargers and phone cases for a very deep discount, and the best part was receiving a new plan where everything was unlimited, especially data.  We checked out bill when we got home, and the down payment was applied to our current bill, which resulted in a credit back to our account, which saves us tons this month.  The remaining balances on our IPhone 5c's were eliminated when we traded them back to Sprint.  If we enroll in autopay, and continue 12 months with no late payments, our "upgrade" down payment when the IPhone 7's come out can either be $50 or zero down.  I know nothing in this World is free, but we did our homework, and knew we had to pay for the newest phones.  No complaints on our end.

Journeyman

I am a rather long time Sprint customer, more than 10 years, and wanted to upgrade my iPhone 5s to the 6s Plus using the iPhone Forever program I see advertised on television about every three minutes.

I am someone who is a bit leery about having expensive things mailed, or shipped, to me.  I'd rather go to a local store and pick up pricey items such as a new cell phone.  Sprint has stores in areas close to me but I've been told that a customer cannot go to the local store and actually pick up their new phone.  Heck, BestBuy even carries Sprint phones and service.

I am now waiting for my iPhone to ship but I still would have rather picked it up locally.

Journeyman

I was told the samething here in this store too Abilene Tx

Journeyman

Guess sprint is avoiding the problem here

Journeyman

The Iphone Forever plan is a complete joke.  Sprint Customer service, Complete JOKE.  After 2 days and more than 3 1/2 hours on the phone, being transferred 6 times and getting 3 different prices on upgrading to the iphone forever plans, I am moving my lines which have completed their contracts to Verizon.  Nothing down, no gimmicks like the "iphone forever", just monthly payments on the phone itself for 24 months.  Equals the same as buying the phone.  And coverage is better.  Sprint coverage is a joke as well.  I'm done with Sprint. 

Journeyman

Re: iPhone forever!!! wtf!!

I was told the same thing lol they owe us something since they lied to all of us

Journeyman

I had the exact same problem with them on January, when I first got my phone a year ago they told me that I could get the newest iPhone whenever it came out, but that wasn't true! I had to spent over two weeks for them to change me to the "iPhone for life" because that's the one you could get a new iPhone no matter how many months you have with the old one so it could get a little confusing for the customers since theres two different plans with almost similar names.

Be careful on getting the "iPhone forever" that one you have to wait a year and "iPhone for life" gets you a new iPhone model anytime you want.

Journeyman

You should do your research instead of taking a CSR's word for it. I get that they are supposed to tell you what exactly is included but it still falls on you if you are misinformed because you literally can read the stuff online. It clearly says after 12 payments you are eligible to trade for the newest iPhone.

Journeyman

This is why I have waited for the new iPhone to be release. Hopefully they will offer the iPhone Forever plan with the 7(or whatever it is called). I have been eligible for an upgrade for 6 months, So now I will be in the 12 month cycle to get a new phone every time apple releases new hardware in the fall. Simple planning folks...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat