cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 plus only!!! status updates

Journeyman

Re: iphone 6 plus only!!! status updates

I Hear ha, man. It is ridiculous.  Don't you worry though.  Pretty soon a sprint care rep is gonna reply to your post and tell you how terrible that sounds. They will explain to you that folks just ordered a bunch of phones is all. Now don't you pay attention to all your friends that are getting the same phone from other carriers.  Sprint is gonna go ahead and set the record straight on that as well and let you know that ALL carriers are experiencing this unprecedented demand.  Now just in case all of this doesn't make sense to you, Sprint is gonna go ahead and ask you to PM them so they can repeat all of this to you again a 2nd time. 

There....don't you feel better?

Journeyman

looks like Paida blew ya off.

Wizard

Swith to Verizon

Wizard

I Waited 8 weeks; told another 4-6 weeks at which time I cancelled the order from Sprint; bought it directly from Apple and have had the phone for some time now..... Got it in less than a week from Apple......Sprint is full of it and only with them still because of the unlimited data....only reason....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Went to both ATT&T and Verizon today to talk iPhones and plans. Neither store has gotten any of the 128 G SG 6+ to sell. I was told if I ordered I would have a 4 week wait to get one. I asked how long people have been waiting for their phone order. It has been about the same at both places. AT&T offered me a $150 port over credit for ever line I transferr. Will have to consider if I do not get mine soon.

Master

Abe_H,
Oh no! I definitely don't want you to feel this way. Was this device ordered in the store or online? Please let me know.
- Wendy
Sprint Social Care
Master

Watercc

I know how frustrating this can be. We have to wait on Apple to ship these devices for us to have them in our inventory. Purchasing the phone directly from Apple, you will stand a better chance of getting it sooner, because they are the manufacture of the iPhones.

- Michelle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I ordered my iphone 6+ 128 10/10 then after 6 weeks I got an email saying it would be another 4-6 weeks!!! I spent an hour on the phone with a rep who told me if I canceled my order and re ordered it which meant paying AGAIN for the phone I could have it this week!!! but there was no guarantee! After telling the rep how stupid he was for that statement I was told they are supposed to be getting a HUGE shipment this week and I should be getting a tracking number by the end of the week!!! It's Friday!!!!!!!! That qualifies as the end of the week for me!!!! STILL NO DEVICE!! I AM SO OVER SPRINT! AND THEIR... "I know how frustrating this can be" and the "I understand your frustration" 

Journeyman

So...woke up this morning to find an email in my inbox.  My Sprint Bill is ready!  Darn...no tracking number...but at least it's not another delay email.

Wait a minute...oh dear...I'm paying another installment ( Installment #14 for those folks keeping track at home ) on the phone I was supposed to give back to them when I got this iPhone?  So...they've weaseled me out of not only the money I paid when placing the order for the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray, but also more money for the phone that is inevitably going to be returned to them.

Journeyman

Ordered: 6 Plus 128gb SG on 9/29 via Sprint Business Rep over the phone.

History: Ordered 6 plus 64gb SG on 9/12 over the phone. Business rep called me 9/29 offered me deal that was lower price for the 128 version. Original 64gb was 4-6 weeks time frame. Two weeks later, Business rep said the 6 plus 128gb was only 2-4 weeks time frame (I'd receive the same time anyway, he said). Canceled the 64gb and ordered the 128gb. BIG MISTAKE. Since then, runaround, runaround, runaround, runaround, as you who are still waiting all know. Key for me is I am a BUSINESS customer. I cannot order through Apple on my account. I can go buy a full price phone, but otherwise Apple/Best Buy/Target, none of them can service, upgrade, contract, etc. on Sprint Business---only retail accounts.

Timing: I've spent time on the phone with customer care, my business rep, and on the computer with Sprint Chat--all three have given me different information. My business rep has told me 3x now that the phone was shipping---when it hasn't. Customer service was not useful. They told me nothing. Chat has been fairly consistent saying 4-6 weeks was extended another 4-6 weeks, and held to that. They say as of 11/7 another 4-6 weeks was added, which means within 9 days from today, I should have the phone. However....they also admit they don't have the phone yet and really don't know.

None of this is foreign to the people still waiting on this page. It's an embarrassment to us that we are still waiting and to Sprint more so. They are counting on us being so overjoyed when we do get the devices that it will all be smoothed over. They are probably right. Absence makes the heart grow fonder--at least for those who stuck with waiting.

I just checked the Apple Store online. Apple has shown in the past up to 8 weeks to get the 6 plus 128gb SG for sprint. But they are right now showing 7-10 days to ship that device. That's a good sign--sort of. Apple has been fairly consistent in their shipping. But they've also been way ahead of the carriers. So we have no way of knowing that Sprint will also get phones to ship by then.

I have a dozen lines, a dozen tablets, and a massive bill monthly. I am not happy with this service in the least. I expect better for the money we pay. I want to see Sprint publicly lashing Apple for this in defense of their customers. But we don't see it. Why? They must have stupidly agreed to some contract that prevents such comments. But that shows their lack of savvy and "don't impress me much." So, as much as we want to say "blame Apple,' I do blame Sprint too. Where are you FOR YOUR CUSTOMER? Where is your outrage FOR US? Where is your new, fresh CEO and your brilliant legal team?

This device launched in China in October. Do you think the Chinese officials and China mobile allowed Apple to backlog customers, take their money without shipping a promised good, etc. etc.? If so, I have a 6 plus 128gb SG to sell you. What a shame this is.

Journeyman

Go figure.  They got me as well.

Moving to Sprint from Verizon has been distasteful in every regard so far. The ONLY reason I made the move was because of the price point they were offering which seemed too good to be true..

1). Sprint continually extends promise dates for iphone 6 plus shipments.

I don't think this has anything to do with Apple as other carriers have been shipping phones as well as stocking them in their retail stores.  I believe Sprint dropped the ball and didn't get their order in correctly. based on every other interaction with Sprint.. this isn't a stretch of the imagination.

2)  My wife purchased an iphone 6 the same day that I placed my order at the retail store (9/27).  She walked out with her phone which was great…however we have since received denial letters for our early  termination fee from leaving Verizon stating that the bill we provided is not itemized.  It clearly states.”. …early termination charge $135.00”.  I’ve since resubmitted a second time online as the folks at the retail store are unable or unwilling to do anything except hand me a flyer on where to send the bill..

3) I’ve waited so long for my phone to come in that my contract has actually run out with Verizon.  I guess the good news there is that I won’t have to fight with Sprint a second time to get reimbursed for an early termination fee.  The bad news is that I’m now paying two phone bills.. one for Sprint for my wifes phone and one for Verizon for mine (since I’ve not yet taken possession of my Sprint phone)

4) When we set up our account at the retail store, we set up automatic EFT withdraws for our monthly bill.  I don’t know what the deal with our bank is but every time we do this, they reject the first debit attempt.. it has happened with every bill we have ever set up for auto eft (this isn’t sprints fault).  However the instant the EFT was rejected, they shut my wifes phone down.  We called immediately and paid via our check debit card.  They turned her phone back on (this was on a Saturday).  The following Monday, her phone was turned off again.  We called Sprint and the operator explained that since the EFT failed, we would have to pay via money order for the next 6 months!!!  They also told me that I needed to go to a local store so that they could refund me the payment that I had made via debit card on Saturday and that I would need to go get a money order and pay the bill….. Let me restate that.  The bill was paid, but since my first eft failed, they needed me to get a refund FOR THE MONEY THEY ALREADY HAD and pay again with a money order.  I was able to resolve this after speaking to a supervisor.

5) With only one device on the account (since I’m still waiting for my phone).  Sprint continued to charge me for a family share plan.  I again had to speak to a supervisor to get this resolved.  The claim was that they were unable to even move my wife’s plan to a single plan until I received my phone and that I would just have to pay for the family plan with one device.

All of the above are major concerns with the company that I’m new to PRIOR  to even being on their network which as I understand it is FAR WORSE than Verizon’s network.  The left hand doesn't talk to the right at Sprint which is evident in reading all of the other posts as well as the service agents responses on this and other threads.

Disappointed doesn't begin to describe ..

Master

Styles045,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had so far. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for assistance with any questions or concerns you may have in the future.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat