cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection with 3 bars and LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

No data connection with 3 bars and LTE

I get "no internet connection" errors when trying to browse, send messages, etc. while my phone shows three bars and LTE.

I have to turn on and off airplane mode to regain data connectivity, but it only seems to last a few minutes.

I've restarted, resetted network settings and taken the SIM out.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
Master

Re: No data connection with 3 bars and LTE

When you say you reset network settings, did this also include updating Profile and PRL?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Profile and PRL? No, sir. Never heard of it before. Will look it up now and try it.
Master

If you can't find it in the settings, try dialing the following in your phone app which will initiae the process as well as renegotiate the connection to the network upon completion.

##873283#

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Ok, I completed a PRL update. The problem seems to continue ☹️

Any other ideas?
Master

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the iPhone devices to know what else to check. Hoping a Sprint rep will pop in and beable to help.

Shouldn't be an issue, but may want to post your zipcode and nearest cross streets in case it comes up. Not completely out of the question that theres a network issue going on, but worth putting the information out there so they can look.

--

Sprint Social Care

Hey there! Sorry to hear you are having network issues. Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can take a look at the towers provided in your area.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've noticed it while I'm anywhere inside zip code 80840.

Thanks for the help!
Sprint Social Care

We have reviewed the area. The towers around ZIP 80840 are working fine, there are no reported issues. Do you know if any other Sprint user is having issues? Does this issue happen inside your home or outside?

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It happens inside and outside my office. Can't really tell if it happens in my house because reception there has always been bad/extremely limited. I rely on WiFi at home. Never had this problem in the past at work with this iPhone 6S over the past year or before with an iPhone 6.
Journeyman

I've been having this same issue with my 6s for over a month. I've taken it to two stores and both technicians kept it to run diagnostics or whatever. Said the phon is fine. I'm in area codes groom 90005 to 90043. It's happening ALL THE TIME. At work, at home, the store, on wifi, off wifi. It's so frustrating. Can't play videos. Can't access websites. My voicemails won't play. I generally have 1 or 2 bars. Making/receiving calls no problems. Anything data or network related...problem.
Tags (1)
Journeyman

Can you help me?
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat