Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling "Enablement error"

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi calling "Enablement error"

Switched to Sprint yesterday (moved my factory unlocked iPhone 6s from T-Mobile) and everything works fine except WiFi calling will not turn on but instead gives me this error:

"We are unable to process your request at this time due to account level settings set by your account owner. Please contact your account owner/manager for assistance."

WiFi calling worked fine on T-Mobile, I've called Sprint three times and visited one of your stores and it still doesn't work. I've done a restore on my iPhone and that didn't help.

From what I've read on-line, the solution is that someone at Sprint needs to remove WiFi calling from my account and then add it back on.

Can someone do this please - I'm very happy with Sprint except for this one issue.

Thanks,

Rod

32 REPLIES 32
Journeyman

Re: WiFi calling "Enablement error"

I have the exact same problem. I have iPhone 7plus factory unlocked that I used to use on Verizon. I get the exact same enablement error message. I have talked to customer care 3 times. I did everything in the book. They opened a ticket. Case number 20232450 

I found out the same like you did above. Someone from Sprint has to reset wifi feature on my account. I just can't find anyone who knows/can do this. 

If if this doesn't resolve in the next day I will have to switch back to Verizon. Coverage at home is very poor from all carriers and I totally relay on wifi calling. 

Journeyman

Like you said, everyone at Sprint phone support is clueless about this. They want you to turn WiFi off, reset network settings and all that stuff that you know won't fix it. There's a really big clue that this is on their side based on "...account level settings..." being part of the error message.

Come on Sprint Social Team - this really can't be that hard to fix.

Rod

Journeyman

Agree, I made the move thinking it would work but I also talk to sprint and they made a ticket and told me they would call me back. Let see what happens if not I'm going back.

Sprint Social Care

Hello rodavici, Borsh and F_net13. We're sorry for the inconveniences this has caused to you and we don't want to see you go back. We have received some customers with the same issue, and the solution of adding and removing the service has not worked. Due to this, we just escalated this matter to review what's happening with the Wi-Fi enablement on "Bring Your Phone" device. I understand the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience with this.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem with my newly-activated unlocked iPhone 6, which I just brought to Sprint yesterday. Customer care couldn't help me. Can I send someone my phone/account number to look at my account, too?

Journeyman

Yes, would definitely like to see a fix for this...!!!!  

Sprint Social Care

danf, CGSVOLS

Thank you guys for keeping in touch with us. This issue still under investigation, as soon as we have a response, we will be posting here, we thank you very much for your patience.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 6 that I just switched over from Verizon.  I really hope this issue can be fixed since coverage is not as good at home or at work where I have access to wifi.  Please fix!!

Sprint Social Care

NHSprint, we are working as quickly as possible to find the root cause of this issue and resolve it as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

After restarting my phone a couple of times and turn wifi calling on and off,  it is now working!   Thanks!

Journeyman

Got a different error this morning about needing to restart my phone. Ignored that and just kept trying to turn on WiFi calling. Third time lucky, got the E911 address screen and then it turned on.

Thanks Sprint for sorting this out!

Regards,

Rod

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat