cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like my phone is being held hostage!!!

Journeyman

I feel like my phone is being held hostage!!!

I have been trying to get my iPhone 7 unlocked by Sprint for over a week! I have called 5 times! Every time, the representative assures me that they have solved the problem and my phone is unlocked. NOT TRUE. It is STILL LOCKED. And then, today, the representative led me to believe that all previous representatives were putting in unlock requests for an OLD iPhone I had used with Sprint EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY GIVEN THEM THE CORRECT IMEI/MEID and told them the model and everything. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?!?! I'm at my breaking point. The phone is completely paid off, not on contract, and definitely not stolen. I feel like my phone is being held hostage. Like a punishment for me leaving Sprint. Just give me MY phone PLEASE so I can gift it to a family member! 

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: I feel like my phone is being held hostage!!!

RubyRum, we would love to assist you. Allow me to check the status of the unlock request for you, please reply to the private message I sent you.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Re: I feel like my phone is being held hostage!!!

Having Same Issues, Was told I could Unlock my phone once I made the Payment to it, After submitting the "Request" I received an email the next day stating that I still needed to make a payment. I Called and was told that I Still had one more lease payment. This is contrary to what I was told the night before by a supervisor. After getting nowhere with the call, I tried the Chat and was told a completely different number to "buy" My already purchased phone of $203.97. This is insane. I spoke with 8 representatives yesterday, made a payment which had to be reversed because it did not go where I was told it would go (towards the purchase of the phone), and then made another larger payment to bring my account current and pay for my phone and I can still not get it unlocked. Going to start researching the FCC Law on Unlocking.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat