Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls not connecting

Journeyman

Phone calls not connecting

Can't make or receive calls for the past couple of days. For incoming calls, I when slide or click to answer, nothing is there. Time count remains at 0:00. For outgoing calls, it immediately says "call failed" before it even rings. Also, random texts are received several hours after being sent, while other texts come through fine. Location is Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Anyone else having trouble?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Re: Phone calls not connecting

Hello teetah16, sorry to hear you are unable to make or receive calls. May I please have the nearest cross streets of the location where this is happening?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. Cross streets are Bluemound Road and 95th Street. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue currently.  I live in NW Indiana.  Did you get a resolution?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem today.  I am located in NW Indiana.  Did you get any resolution?  Would like to know how to fix this.  Thanks for any guidance.  

Highlighted
Master

teetah16, thanks for that information. I reviewed the status of the network on the area and currently there are no reports from our Network Team regarding issues with the voice services for that location, when did these issues begin? If someone calls you, do you know if the calls are going straight to voicemail? Is this affecting anyone else in your household or around you? What is the make and model of your phone? How many service bars is the phone currently displaying?

@carlaneary can I have a few cross streets? Is it affecting any other Sprint customers on the area?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Issues began a couple of days ago. iPhone 7. Calls go to voicemail, but the voicemails won't play. Another new issue is that the battery life is suddenly draining very quickly. I charged it overnight, and just a couple of hours ago it was already down to 34%, with no apps open. I'm also not receiving some texts.

Highlighted
Master

teetah16, is this affecting any other Sprint customers around you? Has this happened in more than one location? Indoors and Outdoors?  Are you using Sprint Wi-Fi Calling or Google Voice?

Do you receive any error messages when sending a text message?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It happens both inside and outside. I have bluetooth in my car, and the first time it happened was while I was driving and was unable to receive an incoming call. I don't know of anyone else who is on the Sprint network. I'm not using Wi-Fi Calling or Google Voice. No error messages when sending a text. Outgoing texts seem to go through, but some incoming ones don't make it.

Highlighted
Master

teetah16, in this case, I would like to look into this further. Please check your inbox.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi there -- I took my phone to the Sprint store, and the girl put in some kind of code to reset the network connections, and now it seems to be fixed. The text messages I had missed flooded in all at once, and calls are working also. Hope yours is a simple fix too! The girl also said that in the future, I could hold down the home button and power button at the same time, until the Apple screen comes back on, and that would also reset the network. If you don't have a Sprint store nearby, try that. Good luck!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat